High School


Please use the left navigation sidebar to locate the information you are seeking.  Check the Registration Guide Book for more information.

Graduation Requirements


Advanced Educational Opportunities 

Taking advantage of these opportunities means you may be able to earn free technical and college credits.

The College Board’s Advanced Placement Program (AP) enables students to pursue college-level studies while still in high school. Based on their performance on rigorous AP Examinations, students can earn college credit, advanced placement, or both for college. Students who intend to apply for college admission and are willing to accept the challenge of a rigorous academic curriculum should strongly consider enrolling in at least one AP course during their junior or senior year. Courses that are offered as an AP course will be depicted in this guide with an AP icon.  Individual colleges and universities, not the College Board or the High school, grant course credit and placement. Because it varies from school to school, students should obtain a college's AP policy in writing. This information can be found in the institution's catalogue or on its website, or by using collegeboard.com's AP Credit Policy Info search. Colleges that have received the student‘s AP Score Report will generally notify them of any placement, credit, and exemption they have earned during the summer. Students can also contact the college's admissions office to find out the status of their AP credits. AP courses have prerequisites and students must obtain teacher permission to enroll. In May students take their Advanced Placement exams (paid for by the school district) through the College Board, and are scored on a five point scale. AP Exam grades of 5 are equivalent to the top A-level work in the corresponding college course. AP Exam grades of 4 are equivalent to a range of work representing mid-level A to mid-level B performance in college. Similarly, AP Exam grades of 3 are equivalent to a range of work representing mid-level B to mid-level C performance in college. Currently, Pardeeville High School offers five AP Courses:

  • AP Calculus
  • AP English Language & Composition
  • AP English Literature & Composition
  • AP Psychology
  • AP U.S. History


You can earn college credit at NO COST to you by taking dual credit coursework while in high school. Actual technical college course are taught to PHS student in a high school setting. An agreement between the technical college and high school spells out conditions that must be met by the instructor and student to successfully complete the course. The course is taught by your high school instructor and college credits are awarded and recorded on a technical college transcript upon successful completion on of the course. If a student fails to earn the Madison College credit, there will be no record of it if they choose to attend Madison College in the future. Madison College credits earned through Pardeeville can be transferred to or used for advanced placement at other schools just as if they had attended Madison College. It is the student's responsibility to check with the school to which you would be transferring, to make sure this credit will be allowed to transfer. Students should see each class‘s course description for grade requirements to receive Madison College credit. Courses that are offered as a Dual Credit course will be depicted in this guide with a Madison College icon. Currently the following courses are DUAL CREDIT through MATC:

  • Advanced Accounting
  • Word and Access - Beginning
  • Excel and Powerpoint -Beginning
  • Algebra with Applications


Junior and Senior level students are allowed the opportunity to enroll in one or more nonsectarian courses at an accredited 2 or 4-year school of higher education while a high school student. Courses must further the student‘s education academically or vocationally. Students may not take courses that are comparable to ones already offered at Pardeeville High School, including distance-learning courses. Our district pays for cost of tuition, texts, and materials; transportation is not included. Because of cost factors our district will carefully screen applications for appropriateness and deny payment when deadlines are not observed. To be considered for Youth Options during the first semester the application must be submitted to the school board by March 1 of the previous year; for second semester enrollment, the application is due by October 1 of the school year. Technical college courses are paid for with funds under the same guidelines as Youth Options. Changes in state law allow the school district to seek reimbursement from the parent/guardian or the student, if he or she is an adult, for any class that a student drops or fails under the Youth Options Program. For complete guidelines contact the school counselor.


An apprenticeship offers juniors and seniors the opportunity for work-based learning in addition to their academic education. Students will learn employability and occupational skills as defined by Wisconsin industries. As an apprentice the student attends regular school for a portion of the day and also receives on the job instruction for a part of the day. The student is paid an hourly wage. Students who successfully complete the Youth Apprenticeship Program will receive a state-issued skill certificate. Juniors and Seniors who are interested should contact the guidance office for more information. The following website provides more details: http://dwd/wisconsin.gov/youthapprenticeship/parents.htm. 


After students have taken a world language at our school and have been accepted in to college or university they will take a world language placement test. This test usually takes place over the summer prior to the start of the college semester. Each campus has their own retro credit policy, however, for most campuses once students take their placement test they are placed into an appropriate college world language class based on their skills. After successful completion of their coursework, usually a B or higher, a student would earn college credit for the world language course they placed into as well as any world language classes they tested out of. Some Wisconsin colleges grant up to 16 college credits for classes taken in high school.

Early Graduation 

Early graduation will be granted according to Board policy 602.2. 
Policy 602.2
Notwithstanding state statute pertaining to compulsory attendance, it may occur that a high school pupil should be considered for graduation before completing eight semesters of high school attendance. The school board will review and consider for approval, a pupil application for early graduation, if it is submitted to the high school principal for endorsement one semester before the proposed graduation, when:
1. Curriculum limitations at the high school constrain continued pupil growth and development; and
2. The applicant has formulated post high school plans which are consistent with continuous educational/vocational     goals that will be facilitated by early graduation (e.g., acceptance into higher education or the military); and
3. The applicant provides evidence of admission to some post-high school training institution (or program); and
4. the applicant has been enrolled in the Pardeeville School District for their entire junior year; and
5. The applicant has completed all graduation requirements.
6. Exceptions to the above criteria will be reviewed by the Board on a case-by-case basis.
A student may apply for early graduation during the second semester of his/her junior year. All applications must be received no later than June 1st of their junior year.

  • Pardeeville High School
  • 120 S. Oak Street, Pardeeville, WI 53954
  • Phone: 608-429-2153