Online Safety Guidelines
1. Students will not give their name, address, telephone number, school, or teachers’/parents’ names, addresses, or telephone numbers, to anyone they meet on the Internet.
2. Students will not give out their email password to anyone (even their best friends) except their teachers/parents.
3. Students will not send a picture of themselves or others over the Internet without their teachers’/parents’ permission.
4. Students will not fill out any form or request online that asks for any information about their school, family, or themselves without first asking for permission from teachers/parents.
5. Students will tell their teachers/parents if they see any bad language or pictures on the Internet or if anyone makes them feel nervous or uncomfortable online.
6. Students will never agree to get together with someone they “meet” online without first checking with teachers/parents. If a student’s teachers/parents agree to the meeting, I will be sure that it is in a public place and that I am accompanied by an adult at all times.
7. Students will not use any articles, stories, or other works I find online and pretend that it is their own work.
8. Students will not use bad language online.
9. Students will practice safe computing, and check for viruses whenever they borrow a disk from someone, download something from the Internet, or receive an email attachment.
10.Students will be good online citizens and not participate in any activity that hurts others or is against the law or the Pardeeville Area School District policies.